What is liposuction?
Liposuction is a medical procedure that helps in improving the body’s contour by removing excess fat which has been deposited in between the muscle and skin. It is basically the removal of fat cells surgically through a stainless steel suction tube known as cannula. Liposuction was first implemented in 1974. From the first surgery till now there are many improvements in the technique and procedure , making it more safest and most popular body contouring surgeries in the world.
Different Types of Liposuction
There are different types of liposuction surgery given below:
- Traditional Liposuction: It is performed under general anesthesia. In this surgery, surgeon makes an incision and removes a cannula, by moving it back and forth to break the fat cells that are removed by suction.
- Tumescent Liposuction: It is one of the safest and most successful methods of liposuction surgery. In this via small incisions, large quantities of saline fluid are pumped into the fatty region which is to be treated. The saline solution helps in separating fat and muscle. Then a cannula is passed back and forth by the vacuum pump through the areas of excess fat and then the fat extracted.
- Ultrasound-assisted liposuction (UAL): In this procedure, ultrasonic energy is used to liquefy the excess fat prior to surgical suction. It also helps in tightening the skin.
- Power-assisted liposuction (PAL) – In this surgery a controlled cannula is used in creating small, loosening, rapid movements, and breaking up fat cells and allowing more fat to be removed, and can be done quicker, causing less pain and bleeding after the successful surgery.
- Laser-Assisted Lipolysis (LAL) – A narrow tube is inserted through the incision. Lased energy is then injected and heat into the fat is then sucked out under the skin.
Liposuction cost in India
The cost of liposuction ranges between USD 2400 to USD 3800. Nowadays liposuction has become a trendy cosmetic treatment for many people. This is followed by both men and women of different age groups to get rid of the excess fat deposits and are not doing diet and exercise. Liposuction can be used in many places but it is mostly done on the thighs, chin, shoulders, arms, belly, buttocks, sides, calves, and back. Technological progress has made this surgery less painful and easier to perform, with more success rates.
Body parts for Liposuction surgery
Given below are body parts in which the surgery is done:
- Outer thighs
- Flanks Back
- Inner thighs
- Inner knees
- Upper arms
- Submental (chin)
- Gynecomastia (male breast tissue)
Steps for Liposuction
There are many steps involved in the liposuction given below:
- It is useful for adults who have less than 30% of their target weight
- Beneficial for Individuals with elastic skin, firm and a strong tone of muscle
- Useful for Strong people who do not have conditions of co-morbid illness
- Beneficial for Gynecomastia, Lymph edema
- Liposuction can distribute the body fat
- Useful in the treatment of Lipomas
Procedure of Liposuction
Given below is the procedure that is to be performed before and after the surgery.
Before the Procedure
- Before the surgery the team will register a dietitian, and a psychologist that will examine the patient.
- Patients must provide a full medical history.
- Some of the Preoperative laboratory test series are to be conducted before the surgery.
- Surgeons will recommend some medicines and will tell you to avoid some of the medicines that can harm the surgery.
- One must quit smoking if you are a smoker.
During the Procedure
- Firstly the intravenous sedation, Local anesthesia, or general anesthesia may be given depending on the surgeon’s choice
- Then the treatment of liposuction is done by small, inconspicuous incision by the surgeon.
- After that via small incisions, large quantities of fluid which is saline are pumped into the fatty region to which is to be treated. The saline solution helps in separate the muscle from fat.
- To loosen the fat, then a thin hollow tube is inserted through the incisions.
- Using a surgical vacuum the dislodged fat is then suctioned out of the body by the surgeon.
After the Procedure
- After the surgery the surgeon keeps the incisions open so that excess fluid and blood may drain out of the body easily.
- In the region from where fat has been extracted, there may be numbness. In 6 to 8 weeks, this must be change.
- In order to protect the treatment areas, elastic bandages or compression sleeves, are recommended. To control the swelling and compress the skin into new contours of the body.
- Small temporary drains can be inserted to remove any excess blood.
- Care must be taken to ensure that incisions during the healing process must not subject to undue force.
- In order to recover and avoid the risk of infection, medicines are administered in the body.
Factors affecting the cost of Liposuction in India
There are many factors that affect the cost of treatments given below:
- Part of the body you want to get surgery on.
- Costs for hospitals
- Cost for doctors and physicians
- Health Screenings
- Price of medications
- Cost Post-operative follow-up and medicines
How much does liposuction cost in India?
There are different cost for different cities and different body parts. Checkout the given below tables to get an estimate idea about the cost of liposuction in India in rupees
|Body Area||Average Cost of Liposuction|
|Double chin liposuction cost in India||INR 30,000|
|Cheek liposuction cost in India||INR 35,000|
|Non surgical liposuction cost in India||INR 75,000|
|Gynecomastia liposuction cost in India||INR 65,000|
|Vaser liposuction cost in India||INR 45,000|
|Belly liposuction cost in India||INR 1,35,000|
|face liposuction cost in India||INR 50,000|
Given below are cost of liposuction as per the cities:
|Indian City||Average Amount|
|liposuction cost in Mumbai||INR 35,000 – INR 2,45,000|
|liposuction cost in India Bangalore||INR 40,000 – INR 3,50,000|
|liposuction cost in Chennai||INR 35,000 – INR 2,50,000|
|liposuction cost in Delhi||INR 25,000 – INR 1,50,000|
|liposuction cost in Hyderabad||INR 10,000 – INR 2,50,000|
|liposuction cost in Pune||INR 20,000 – INR 1,60,000|
|liposuction cost in Kolkata||INR 5,000 – INR 1,90,000|
Advantages of Liposuction Surgery:
Given below are some of the advantages of of the surgery:
- It will help you in changing clothes from large size to your required size.
- It will help you in Improving health associated with fat loss
- One can achieve the required look, within the limits of the technology and your body type without much damage
- Some people get the curvy body if they want.
- It will improve your social life drastically along with your sex life. It will also boost your self confidence.
- After achieving your desired the bodyself-esteem goes way up. You start looking better and improves self love.
Disadvantages of Liposuction Surgery
Along with the advantages some disadvantages also come. Given below are some of the disadvantages which must be kept in mind before going for the surgery.
- Considerable bruising – this can beslightly and can last long upto months.
- Swelling – this can last upto 6 months.
The risk rate is very low as compare to other surgery if performed by an top surgeon.
After how many days liposuction will become noticeable?
The results can be seen after 2-3 months post surgery. After surgery some kind of swelling can be seen which can make it difficult to see immediate result. Studies says that 90% result can be seen after 4 weeks. The recovery depends on given below factors:
Type of liposuction performed: The type of procedure performed on the patientsusually affects the recovery period. Generally traditional liposuction procedures takes longer recovery period than other advanced technique. Those patients who have undergone minimally procedures can resumes to normal work life after one week of the surgery..
Extent of procedure required: The extent of liposuction also affects the recovery period. Small procedures takes less time in recovering than a usual stretches of fat removal. Bigger surgeries require more time to recover. .
Area of procedure: Liposuction is done only on some parts of the body and takes more time to recover. For example, patients who are undergoing facial liposuction can get back to their work sooner as compare to the one who have undergone ankle liposuction.
Preparation For Liposuction Surgery
There are various hospitals who offer the services at cheaper rate. But it is suggested that one must get liposuction surgeries must be availed from some good clinics. There are many hospitals available in many parts of the country which have best surgeons and are well experienced.:
Medical evaluation. This is one of the basic thing suggested by the surgeon. Patients must get some laboratory tests done before the surgery. That will help the surgeons to get the clear picture so that they do not face any kind of problem during the operation. .
One must avoid all kinds of alcohol or smoking habits as it can harm the patients and can take much longer time in healing.
Medications drugs such as aspirin or any other drugs which are used to increase bleeding therefore it must be avoided. Hence patient must avoid all these before surgery and be clear with your surgeons. Tell them each and everything to avoid risk.
Looking for weight loss without any diet or exercise? Then go for liposuction surgery. It is a technique used by surgeons to remove the excess fat from the required body part. Cost of liposuction in India is less as compare to other countries. Although, price depends on various factors. Get the surgery done from the experienced doctors to avoid complications. Consult doctors to take precautions regarding the surgery. Before going for surgery read the details given above. Do not take stress as healing will not take much time. You not take suffer from any kind of complication if you take proper precautions. Follow proper follow ups to you surgeons before and after the surgery. Consult the doctor if you facing any kind of issues after the surgery. For further information visit the website the medicaltrip to get the proper details. About the doctors, hospital or surgery. .
- Is liposuction safe in India?
As per the various Results and Conclusions: More than 100 surgeons have performed the surgery successfully. But still in some cases there are some issues found. Liposuction is 81% safe in India as per the various studies.
- What is the average cost of liposuction in India?
The average cost of liposuction in India is around between Rs. 50,000 and Rs. 1,00,000. The cost depends on various factors such as hospitals and top surgeons and the part of the body you wanted to get the liposuctions.
- How much does it cost to liposuction your stomach?
The estimate price of nonsurgical fat reduction is around $1,437 and the average cost of injection is $ 941as per various sources.
- Can a 12 year old get liposuction?
There are only few cases in which younger people get the surgery. But mainly surgeons recommend surgery only to people over 18 years. It is harmful for children below 18 years. But only in special cases surgery is done.
- Does the fat come back after lipo?
After the successfully surgery fat will not return. If a patient weighed 130 pounds before liposuction and had lost 6 pounds through the procedure, then the fat will not come back if the patient maintains their weight at 124 pounds.
Liposuction is a medical procedure in which suction technique is used to remove fat from required areas of the body, such as the thighs, buttocks, abdomen, hips, arms or neck. Liposuction also helps in shaping these areas. If you are unwilling to loss weight through diet or exercise then you can opt for liposuction. The cost of Liposuction in India
Is not much. There are many types of liposuctions. One much take care of themselves before and after the surgery. If you are looking forward for the surgery you can visit the website the medicaltrip to get an idea about the surgery.