Procedure Of Angioplasty
A nurse or tech person first insert an IV line through which the sedatives and other medication as required. You will be monitored to gauge your heart rate, blood pressure and other important parameters. The areas of your body where the catheter is to be inserted will be shaved, and sterilised. Then it will be covered with a surgical drape. Your surgeon or doctor will numb the area with a local anaesthetic. Then a very tiny skin incision is done. Access is often percutaneous, that is, via the skin. After that, you must know the several types of interventional procedures may be used for the angioplasty.
Benefits Of Angioplasty
There are several benefits of this particular treatment:
- Much less invasive than the bypass surgery.
- Lower cost as compared to the surgery.
- It is done under the local anaesthesia whereas the surgery requires general anaesthesia.
- Only a small nick is made and no other surgical incision.
- You can return to the normal activities much faster after the surgery.
The above is some of the benefits of Angioplasty. You can find a heart specialist doctor in India who can assist you with this process. We will help you out.
Risks & Complications Involved
- Tear of artery
- Embolization of debris into the blood stream
- Heavy bleeding
- Arterial Rupture from the over-inflation of balloon or the use of an inappropriately large or stiff balloon or presence of a calcified vessel
- Rarely, radiation injuries from the X-rays used
- Haematoma or Pseudo-aneurysm formation
- Rarely heart attack and sudden cardiac death
- A relatively rare complication linked with the balloon angioplasty is abrupt vessel closure or occlusion.
- Infection at the puncture site.
- Contrast dye may cause the renal failure or decease renal function
Limitations Of Angioplasty
- Angioplasty is unable to cure or reverse the underlying atherosclerosis, which has to be treated by the exercise and meditations but still you can find the most famous cardiologist in India who is well-versed with all of this limitation of the procedure and help you accordingly.
- Associated treatment of hypertension and diabetes is required.
- Accompanying lifestyle improvisation such as dietary changes, quitting smoking and limiting alcohol is required.
- In those who undergo the renal angioplasty, in most of the cases smaller vessels have already been damaged and hence, blood pressure control is limited.
- In carotid stenting, often a filter device is kept to prevent the blood clots and plaques from passing into the brain.
Pioneers In Cardiology & Cardiothoracic Surgery
The department has completed many coronary angioplasties, including the sophisticated procedures, such as multi-vessel angioplasty, left main angioplasty, and the bifurcation lesions. Furthermore, we know famous cardiologist in India who has performed over 25,000 coronary bypass procedures, including 10,000 beating heart coronary bypass operations.
The Medical Trip knows best heart specialist in India who have successfully performed over 200,000 cardiac surgeries. The hospital’s cardiology department offers dedicated and qualified team of highly experiences cardio-surgeons to help patients suffering from heart ailments, deliver successful outcomes and the treatments that meet established internationally-recognized standards.
Providing Increased Range & Depth In Risk Assessment
Leveraging on the latest medical, along with diagnostic equipment contains the 320 slice CT scanner, 64 Slice CT Angiography, Transoesophageal Endocardiography, Electrophysiology Study and Stress Echocardiography, cardiac patients receive an accurate diagnosis and highly effective treatment plans. You can find best heart specialist in Mumbai also which is a hub for many cardio-hospitals.
The Medical Trip is associated with best cardiologist doctor in India who are located in the different cities. International patients are welcome to consult with a cardiovascular surgeon for more information online before preparing the travel agenda for the treatment and other things such as seeking India’s famous cardiologist. For assistance and more info about travelling to India for medical treatment, you can reach out to The Medical Trip and we will assist you in the best ways possible.