The Department of the Obstetrics and Gynaecology at the Medical Trip has highly qualified and experienced consultants specializing in minimally invasive surgeries. The consultants performing the procedures are well trained in some of the most renowned institutes worldwide, and the surgical outcomes are excellent because of advanced skills in minimally invasive surgery. Modern infrastructure with highly advanced diagnostic elements has been the hallmark of the service. You can find the best gynecologist hospital in India easily through us.
What Is Laparoscopic Surgery?
Laparoscopy is an innovative way of performing a surgical process without the use of large incisions. It is also known as KEYHOLE SURGERY, as instead of a significant cut, laparoscopy often requires minor scratches about 0.5-1cm. It helps you in diagnosis and treatment. Gynecology hospital in India is located in different cities which help you with the medical treatment.
Benefits Of Laparoscopic Surgery
- Small incisions are offering better cosmesis.
- Less blood loss.
- Faster mobilization.
- Less pain needing less postoperative pain medication.
- Minimal medication.
- Can get to the work together.
- Lesser chance of incisional hernias.
- Shorter hospital stay.
- Can get back to work earlier.
- Less formation of scar tissue.
- Lesser chance of incisional hernias.
- Significantly faster recovery.
What Can Kinds Of Operations Be Performed Using Laparoscopy?
Today in the best gynecology hospital in India, almost all the surgeries that were formerly done by open surgery are nowadays replaced with laparoscopically:
- Diagnosis Hystero-Laparoscopy is a safe process to look inside the abdomen and pelvis to diagnose conditions – ovaries, fallopian tubes, and uterus. It is a standard process used in the management of infertility and chronic pelvic pain.
- Ovarian Cystectomy is performed primarily for a cyst, which is fluid-filled sacs, in the ovaries.
- Laparoscopic Ovarian drilling is a surgical treatment to cause ovulation in women with a polycystic ovarian syndrome where weight loss and medication have not worked.
- Laparoscopic fertility preserves surgery.
- Laparoscopy for the ectopic pregnancy occurs when the embryo implants itself anywhere other than in the womb. The procedure is done even for the ruptured ectopic pregnancy with significant blood loss, which can undoubtedly be life-threatening.
- The process of Laparoscopy for diagnosis of mild to moderate endometriosis. Also, the treatment involved. It is a condition in which the uterus’s tissue grows outside the uterus on the ovaries, bowel. It can also be anywhere else in the abdominal cavity.
- Family planning for surgery.
- Hysterectomy for all uterus sizes up to 30 cms size, as heavy as 2 to 3 kgs, even for patients with the previous cesarean sections and previous multiple surgeries.
- Laparoscopic myomectomy is performed to remove fibroids.
- Oophorectomy is done to remove ovaries, and tubal recanalization is performed for women who want to conceive after the tubectomy. It is also performed for clearing the tubal obstruction to enable the conception.
- Burch colpo suspension for stress incontinence.
- Paravaginal defect repairs for the cystocele, which is a prolapse of the bladder. And the surgeries for nulliparous prolapse and vaginal vault prolapse.
- The Lap. cervical cerclage, which is a stitch around the upper part of the cervix to keep it closed in the case of cervical incompetence.
- Surgeries of this kind during pregnancy and for staging and treatment of gynecological malignancies.
If you ask, how safe is this surgery? It is pretty safe if performed by an expert who is trained to do these procedures. You can find the top gynecologist hospital in India with well-trained gynecologists.
Risks Of Laparoscopic Surgery
Risks and complications are lesser than in conventional surgery. Some of the risks involve:
- Blood clots in the leg, rarely part of which may break off and move to the lungs.
- Bowel injury
- Bladder and Ureters injuries.
- Adhesion formation.
- Hernia formation at the trocar site.
- At times, due to several reasons, laparoscopy may not be possible, and the surgery will have to be done by the conventional method.
This is a medical procedure that prompts your doctor to look inside the uterus to diagnose and treat the causes of abdominal bleeding, using a piece of special equipment known as a hysteroscope. India best gynecologist hospital is located in Delhi. This is a thin, lighted tube inserted into the vagina to examine the cervix and inside the uterus. The hysteroscope then transmits the images of the uterus onto a screen. The only difference between laparoscopy and hysteroscopy is that the latter visualized inside the uterus and fallopian tubes, and the former, on the other hand, can view outside of the uterus. This procedure may be performed along with laparoscopy or a dilation and curettage. It is generally performed under local, regional, or general anesthesia. Hysteroscopy is primarily performed after a period before the expected time of ovulation.
Procedure Of Hysteroscopy
- A speculum is inserted into the cervix and vagina visualized.
- The doctor will then dilate the cervix to insert the hysteroscope into the uterus.
- A liquid is then inserted into the uterus to expand it and then clean out all blood or mucus.
- A light will be later shone through the hysteroscope, and if any procedure has to be performed, then instruments are passed through the hysteroscope.
Hysteroscopy is performed for diagnosis, including taking samples of tissue for a biopsy. It is also used to confirm the results of other tests like hysterosalpingography. It is a dye test to check the uterus and fallopian tubes. It may also be done to find the cause of severe cramping or repeated miscarriages. The best gynae hospital in India can be located easily through the Medical Trip.
This is done to treat the conditions detected during a diagnostic hysteroscopy. Hysteroscopy is done for the following:
- Removal of Polyps.
- Fibroid removal.
- Septal resection removes congenital septum inside the uterus.
- Cannulation for the proximal tubal block.
- Endometrial resection for abdominal bleeding, where the endometrial ablation is done with a hysteroscope to destroy the endometrium.
- Copper T removal, which cannot be removed through the cervix.
- Adhesiolysis is performed for the adhesions, also called asherman’s syndrome, which are the bands of scar tissue inside the uterus, which can cause infertility and issues with menstrual flow. Gynecologist specialist hospital in Mumbai helps with this treatment.
Advantages of hysteroscopy
- Quicker recovery
- Less medication required after surgery
- Shorter hospital stay
- Avoiding open surgery of hysterectomy
Risks of the procedure
- Injury to the cervix, bowel, uterus, and bladder.
- Heavy bleeding.
- Intrauterine scarring. Involved
Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, Sarita Vihar, Delhi Mathura Road New Delhi 110076 India
Pusa Rd, Radha Soami Satsang, Rajendra Place New Delhi 110005 India