Problems with the blood can hinder many functions of the body and cause a range of complications. For this particular reason, hematology – the study and treatment of blood disorders – is a subspecialty of internal medicine. Haematologists work with blood-related conditions, including various types of cancer. They use a variety of tests and treatments for these problems. Many hematologists also get some training in oncology, which is a well-known branch of medicine dedicated to diagnosing and treating cancer. The hematology hospital in India can be found with the help of Medical Trip along with the other process.
What Is Hematology?
Hematology is a study of blood-based on health and disease. Blood plays essential roles in human health, including:
- Transporting vital substances, like oxygen and nutrients, around the body.
- Helping to control the body’s balance of water and acidity.
- Helping to fight the diseases.
Issues with the blood can affect several body systems, such as the lymphatic system, a network of tissues and organs that clear the waste. Blood disorders sometimes stem from problems with the bone marrow, where the body makes most of the blood cells. The objective of Hematology is to understand how these issues happen and how they affect a person’s health along with the best treatment for it. The best hematology hospital in India is in Delhi who helps the patients get the proper treatment.
What Do Hematologists Do?
Medical doctors specialize in diagnosing and treating issues with the blood and related structures, such as the bone marrow. Tests and procedures that a hematologist may perform include the:
- Complete Blood Cell Count: this test can help you with diagnosing anemia, blood cancer, and inflammatory diseases. It can also help with monitoring infections and blood loss.
- Platelet Count: This test helps in diagnosing and monitoring the bleeding disorders.
- Bone marrow biopsy: this process can help you diagnose and monitor anemia, thrombocytopenia, which involves having a low platelet count, and some of the cancers.
- Blood transfusions: this involves the body receiving the healthy blood intravenously – through an IV.
- Blood enzyme tests: there are various types of these tests that a doctor uses to help diagnose cardiovascular conditions, including a heart attack.
A hematologist may have one of the following specialties that are mentioned below:
Hemoglobin is known as a protein in red blood cells that carries oxygen around the body. Hemoglobinopathy is the study of abnormal hemoglobin. These abnormalities may indicate sickle cell disease, thalassemia, or any other disorders. Each may cause episodes of pain. Hematology hospital in India has well-trained doctors and their team who helps the patients recover quickly from such conditions.
This area of hematology focuses on diagnosing and then treating blood cancers, like myeloma. Blood cancers start in the cells of the immune system or tissues that make the blood cells, such as the bone marrow.
Anemia is a condition that leads to a lot of blood loss or simply low levels of hemoglobin or red blood cells in the body. Having anemia impedes enough oxygen-rich blood from circulating in the body. As a result, a person may feel oddly tired and experience muscle weakness.
It refers to the disordered bleeding; that reflects the body’s ability to form blood clots. Blood disorders such as hemophilia are general forms of coagulopathy. They make it hard for the body to control bleeding.
How Is It Relatable To Oncology?
It is most common for hematologists to also train in oncology, which is the study, diagnosis, and treatment of cancer. The combined training allows these hematologists to treat a range of blood-related illnesses, including some of the cancers. A person with blood cancer, such as leukemia or myeloma, can see an oncologist and hematologist separately or see a doctor with training in both fields. Many oncologists train in hematology and see the other peoples with blood conditions that are not cancerous. The best hematology hospital in India helps provide you with a hematologist and a well-trained oncologist.
Hematology Related Disorders
Several disorders and diseases primarily affect the blood and may be studied and treated by a hematologist. Some of the examples include:
- Sickle Cell Disease: this is a form of anemia that changes the shape of the red blood cells.
- Anemia: this generally involves the body producing too few healthy red blood cells to carry enough oxygen around the body.
- Thalassemia: this primarily involves the body not making enough hemoglobin.
- Malaria: this infection can destroy the red blood cells.
- Thrombocytopenia: this involves a low platelet count, resulting in difficulty forming the blood clots.
- Thrombosis: this refers to a clot in the blood vessel.
- Von Willebrand’s disease: this bleeding disorder occurs in people who do not have a blood protein known as the Von Willebrand factor.
- Hypercoagulability: this describes the blood’s increased potential to clot.
- Blood cancers: These can affect the working of a person’s blood cells.
So, now you are aware of who Hematologists are and what do they do. They are medical doctors who specialize in, In addition, blood-related conditions. A variety of health issues can primarily affect the blood, from anemia to cancers, and other hematologists provide a range of clinical tests and treatments. The links between hematology and oncology mean that some of the doctors trained in both. If a doctor refers a patient to an oncologist, it may not mean that the doctor reckon cancer.
Here at the Medical Trip, you will find all the best and topmost hematology hospital in India. So, if you are looking for one or want to know more, contact us today.
Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, Sarita Vihar, Delhi Mathura Road New Delhi 110076 India
Pusa Rd, Radha Soami Satsang, Rajendra Place New Delhi 110005 India
Press Enclave Road, Mandir Marg, Saket New Delhi 110017 India