When it comes to medical treatment, India is equally admired as the UK, the US, and other developed nations. This combination of Skilled doctors, advanced medical technology, and lower cost is the primary reason behind the thriving medical tourism in India. Besides, the medical tourism companies offer every assistance to the tourists for a successful medical trip to India. These facilities attract thousands of medical tourists to opt for medical treatment in India.
The Government of India has launched a special type of Visa to cater to medical tourists in India. The number of visitors from the United States, Europe, and Australia has rapidly increased after the introduction of the Indian e-Medical Visa. So here we will discuss everything including the eligibility and the process to apply for the e-Medical Visa in India.
Who Requires an Indian e-Medical Visa?
The flexible policies of the Indian Government toward medical tourists encourage Medical Tourism in India. Visitors intending to come to India for treatment as the primary purpose can apply for a Medical Visa in India. Also, a Medical Attendant Visa is issued to those who want to assist or nurse someone.
If you visit India on an Indian Tourist Visa or Indian Business Visa and need medical assistance during your stay on Indian soil, you do not require a Medical Visa. Also, you do not require a medical visa for just consulting a doctor for your condition. However, for undergoing treatment, a medical visa is a must-to-have.
What is the duration of the Indian Medical Visa (India e-Medical Visa)?
Indian medical visa is valid for 60 days by default. However, the new Indian visa policy offers a paper-based medical visa that can be extended for up to 180 days. This Visa allows 3 entries to India during the 60 days of its validity. Also, 2 attendants can accompany you on the medical Visa. However, they need to obtain a separate and independent Medical Attendant Visa.
What are the treatments you can undergo on the Indian Medical Visa (India e-Medical Visa)?
There is no restriction on the medical treatment that you can undertake on the Indian Medical Visa.
A primary list of treatments is here for reference:
- Consultation with Doctor
- Hair, Skin Treatment
- Orthopedic treatment
- Oncology treatment
- Internal surgery
- Cardiac treatment
- Diabetes treatment
- Mental health condition
- Renal treatment
- Joint replacement
- Plastic Surgery
- Ayurvedic treatment
What is the process of acquiring an Indian Medical Visa (India e-Medical Visa)?
To obtain an Indian Medical Visa, you need to apply for an Indian Visa Application Form online. You will make the payment and provide the required invitation proofs for treatment, including a letter from the hospital or clinic. This process takes 72 hours, and you will receive an approved Visa by email.
What are the requirements for acquiring an Indian Medical Visa?
- The validity of the Indian e-Medical Visa is 60 days. The counting starts from the date of landing in India.
- This medical Visa allows 3 entries into India.
- You can get a Medical Visa up to 3 times a year.
- You cannot extend the electronic Medical Visa.
- You cannot convert your medical visa to a tourist or business visa.
- The visa doesn’t allow entrance to protected and restricted areas.
- You need to provide proof of funds required for your stay in India.
- You need to carry a hard copy of the visa with you at the airport.
- No group medical visa is available for the medical visa in India.
- Your passport must have a minimum of 6 months of validity from the date of entry into India.
- You need to show a standard passport. Any Diplomatic, Refugee, and Official passports are not valid to obtain an Indian Medical Visa.