Root Canal is a treatment in medical science that is done to save and fix badly infected or damaged roots of the teeth. It is done while the pulp and the soft tissue within the main canal get inflamed or infected due to deep decay or repeated dental procedures on the tooth or a crack or chip in the tooth. If you have an injury in a tooth it may also bring about pulp damage even when the tooth has no visible cracks. If the treatment is not done at the right time then it will result in pain or cause an abscess. If you are looking for cost of root canal treatment
then you are in the right place. Keep reading the article to know every detail about the root canal.
Root Canal Therapy
A Root canal is a therapy that is used to conserve and fix a tooth that is badly contaminated or decayed. During therapy, the pulp and nerve, are removed along with the tooth which is internally cleaned.
Why go for Root canal treatment?
Basically, Root Canal Treatment is done on the infected or damaged teeth. Infection can occur due to a cracked or broken tooth, gum diseases, deep decay, or maybe due to repeated dental treatment given on a particular tooth. Sometimes it becomes seriously important to get the Root Canal Treatment because:
- It is helpful in stopping the infection from spreading and save the tooth from extraction
- RCT also relieves the pain caused due to inflammation.
Given below are some of the symptoms after which RTC becomes necessary:
- The most common symptom is a toothache. The pain can occur between mild to severe. With time it may worsen, and you will feel the pain even when you bite your food.
- The other reason can be prolonged sensitivity. If you are feeling sensations in your tooth while consuming something hot or cold, then there are chances that one needs to undergo Root Canal Treatment.
- Swelling in the gums can also lead to Root Canal Treatment.
- Infection on a particular tooth for a long time
- The tooth is tender to touch and chewing gum
- Discoloration of their tooth
Conditions in which root canal treatment cannot be done?
There are the following conditions in which you cannot get your root canal treated.
- Infections or fever
- Osteoporosis (when the bones become weak)
- Autoimmune diseases
- If you are taking blood-thinning medications.
Test for Root Canal Treatment:
There are the following tests conducted to confirm the identification of root canal.
- Thermal test
- Electric pulp testing
Root canal treatment price in India
- Root Canal Treatment Price is approx Rs 5400
We have Root Canal Treatment price information in 14 cities.
|City||Average Price||Starting Price||Price Upto|
|root canal treatment cost in Chennai||Rs. 4703.00||Rs. 2500.00||Rs. 10000.00|
|root canal treatment cost in Hyderabad||Rs. 4005.00||Rs. 2500.00||Rs. 6000.00|
|Rct cost in delhi||Rs. 4438.00||Rs. 2000.00||Rs. 9500.00|
Cost basically depends on the hospitals and place you have selected. Cos varies from city to city.
Rct of teeth price
Root canal cost depends on the types that are required. There are basically 4 types given below:
- Single sitting root canal treatment cost- Approximately 7-8k
- Root canal treatment cost with cap
There are 3 types of caps available and have different costs which is given below:
The metal cap costs approx Rs. 680 to Rs. 1200.
The Ceramic caps
The ceramic cap cost around Rs. 1450 to Rs. 3500. The ceramic cap is used in the case of tooth-colored material.
The Zirconia caps can cost up to Rs 7000.
- Laser root canal treatment cost in India – The starts from Rs 7000 depending on the level of infection and condition of the tooth.
Procedure for Root canal treatment
Given below is the procedure for the treatment for your convenience:
The procedure is done under local anesthesia and it hardly requires about 45-60 minutes.
Root canal therapy can be performed and completed at a couple of visits and it can be done in the following steps:
Step 1: Firstly the X-ray is done before starting the treatment and then local anesthesia is given to the patient.
Step 2: Then the pulp is clean from the pulp chamber and root canals and to shape the filling area of the tooth. For that small tools are used.
Step 3: After the Root Canal therapy, when the distance is shaped and cleaned, the root canals are full of a biocompatible substance which is a rubber substance known as gutta-percha. Then an adhesive cement on the main canals is put in to ensure a complete sealing, the gutta-percha is placed.
Step 4: Generally a temporary filling is set to close the opening of the tooth. But the temporary filling is eliminated from the dentist until the tooth is restored.
Step 5: After that the permanent filling is completed, within another appointment that the dentist will put a crown onto the tooth. This is done to protect the enamel and restore its entire function successfully.
Factors Affecting the cost of root canal treatment
There are possible side effects that can occur post-treatment
- You may suffer from dull pain after the treatment which lasts for a week. If bacteria still remains, the infection can begin once again. Therefore visit your doctor if you are facing recurring pain.
- Sometimes there is a formation of a crack at the root which can be unnoticed by your doctor and can lead to bacteria formation.
- If in case the crown becomes loose then your treated tooth can get exposed. Therefore you must get your loosened crown fixed immediately by your doctor.
- If your fillers were of defective material they will surely get eroded, which will lead to bacterial infection.
Read the following factors that affect the cost of rct in India:
- The hospital you are selecting for your treatment.
- Regular evaluation
- diagnostic processes.
- The price will also depend on the cap being used.
Root canal Treatment post-treatment care
After the successful treatment, you need to take care of the root. Some precautions are given below:
- Do not put any kind of pressure on the tooth. As there is no crown as a result, the tooth is unprotected putting pressure can cause severe damage to the tooth.
- Avoid crunchy and hard food, and chew soft food until the final restoration
- Take care of your teeth while brushing.
- Do not be too harsh while brushing your teeth
- Try to get a dental crown as soon as possible to protect your tooth from the further damage
- Visit your dentist if you face any kind of problem.
We visit the dentist when we are suffering from a severe ‘toothache’ or for ‘root canal’. Many people think that RCT is a painful procedure but the reality is that it is not. Nowadays doctors give anesthesia to numb the tooth so that you do not face any kind of pain at the time of treatment. Root canal processes have many steps. Therefore it’s better to wisely choose the hospital and doctors so that you do not face any kind of problem in future.
Cost of root canal treatment is not much but it depends on the city and the hospital you are selecting.
RCT is a multi-step procedure process:
- Firstly the Removal of the infected and inflamed pulp takes place.
- Then Cleaning the root canals and then disinfecting them takes place.
- Then canals are filled with an inert material and sealing them
- A post root canal cap
The infected tooth is surely to be removed. The removal of the tooth is not the best solution as it misaligns the neighboring teeth. There are some of the alternative options available for root canal treatment Dental bridge and Dental implant. If you already have a crown tooth and need a root canal, then it can also be treated the same as a regular tooth. Then a small opening will be drilled inside in the crown for the root canal treatment and then material will be filled. But the crown will not be as strong as it was before, but it will function the same as the previous crown. If in case the crown is fractured during the treatment then it will have to be replaced. The cost of root canal treatment varies widely. The alternative option is extraction, and the cost of an implant to replace the tooth is usually more expensive than root canal. Extraction can also lead to misaligned teeth, malocclusion and difficulty in chewing. Generally people fears about this treatment is that whether it it will be painful or not , but the treatment that is carried out is painless due to the use of anesthesia. But some pain can be feel after the successful treatment. The surgeons will relieve the pain of the process by numbing the tooth and surrounding area with help of local anesthesia. After the treatment, some of the tenderness is normal and it is temporary and can last up to weeks. But your doctor will give you precautions and preventive measures to get relieve form the pain. Avoid some of the things prescribed by the doctors.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is root canal treatment expensive?
The treatment is not that expensive. It depends on the city and hospital and what type of treatment you want. Most of the treatment ranges between Rs. 1,500 and Rs. 12,000 for most RTC procedures.
What is the charge for a root canal?
The average cost of root canal treatment in India varies from state to state. It generally costs between Rs. 6000 to Rs. 8000 per tooth. The cost depends on the type of treatment such as Posterior RCT, single sitting RCT, Anterior RCT, and Re-RCT
Is a root canal painful?
No, root canals are painless because dentists use local anesthesia before starting the procedure to numb the tooth and its surrounding areas. Therefore you do not feel any pain during the procedure. But mild pain and discomfort are normal after the treatment for few days.
Is the root canal really worth it?
Root canals are safe and effective, they also eliminate bacteria from the infected roots of teeth, and helps in improving both your oral health and your overall health. People usually say the benefits of root canal therapy are temporary but it’s wrong, Root canal results are long-lasting.
How long do root canals take?
A root canal treatment usually takes around from 90 minutes to 3 hours. It can sometimes be done in one appointment but may require two. A root canal may be done by your dentist.